AC Repair Service in Metairie and New Orleans LA
Summers in the South are known to be brutally hot and long. The only way to stay comfortable is to have a working air conditioning system. Sometimes your AC system breaks when you need it most. You shouldn’t have to endure a summer day without the comfort an AC system provides; when you are in need of AC repair service in Metairie or the New Orleans area, there is just one company you can trust. Bienvenu Brothers is here to assist you. Give our office a call today, and we are happy to provide you with high-quality air conditioning repair.
I highly recommend Bienvenu for ALL your plumbing needs
Signs You Need AC Repair
The key to avoiding a sudden malfunction of your air conditioning system is to identify the signs early. Sometimes your cooling system may give you subtle hints that it needs repair. Here are a few symptoms to look out for:
- Your AC system is louder than normal.
- The temperature of the air coming from your vents differs from the temperature set on your thermostat.
- Your AC system is leaking fluid.
- It is taking longer to cool your home than normal.
If you notice any of the above symptoms, it is imperative that you call one of the experienced technicians at Bienvenu Brothers. We can immediately dispatch someone to your home and perform fast and affordable air conditioning repair.
Emergency Air Conditioning Repair
If you take care of your air conditioning unit with regular maintenance, you should be able to ward off any major repairs for several years. However, extreme weather or fluke accidents can lead to any number of emergency service requests.
You know you have an air conditioner emergency on your hands if you notice any of the following:
- A burning smell or strange odor. This signals an electrical or gas leak problem that needs to be addressed right away. Shut down power to your unit via your circuit breaker and call a professional.
- Screeching or clunking noises. This could be caused by an unstable compressor, a loose belt in the mechanism, or a leak in an important component. Call your trusted AC repair service to take a look.
- No air flow. If no air is flowing into your home or into the intake vents, there could be a blockage somewhere. Set your unit to “off” and call a professional. If your unit continues trying to work without getting air, you could be looking at a much more serious problem
AC Repair or Replacement?
Metairie & New Orleans trust Bienvenu for AC repair or replacement. One of the most important ways you can prepare for the hotter months is to check your AC for signs of wear. It can be difficult to know when you should get your AC repaired or whether you should have your system replaced. At Bienvenu, our experts will help you learn about the best time to service your air conditioner, problems you may encounter, and whether to repair or replace your system. If your electricity bill increases more than usual, your air conditioning seems to be less effective, repairs are needed more frequently and your air conditioner was installed over 10 years ago it may be time to replace your air conditioner. Call us today at Bienvenu and make an appointment for your AC repair or replacement today!
How Much Does AC Repair Cost?
The price of your air conditioning repair is highly dependent on the issue at hand. With regular maintenance, the risk of having a massive repair is lessened. Catching AC repairs early will also tend to reduce overall repair costs. Before we perform any AC repair service, we will always provide you with a price estimate for parts and labor. We are happy to explain benefits of AC repair or replacement and walk you through the process.
How can I be energy efficient with my air conditioner repair during the summer?
Cranking up the AC in the summertime can be tempting – until you see the electric bill, that is. Enjoy the best of both worlds with these money-saving air conditioner repair tips this summer:
- Change your air filter. A clogged air filter forces your AC unit to work harder and use more energy. Keep it clean to save big.
- Help your unit breathe. Your AC unit also takes in air from the sides of the outdoor unit. Clear debris and plant matter at least 18 inches away from your unit to maximize efficiency.
- Seal your ducts. Any open spaces in your ducts allow cool air to escape and cause your unit to run longer. Repair any seams or leaks in your ducts right away.
- Set the thermostat correctly. Resist the urge to turn the thermostat down low. Your unit won’t work any faster, and you’ll be wasting precious energy. Set the thermostat for your ideal temperature and leave it be.
What regular repair do air conditioning systems need?
Air conditioning systems should be serviced as the season for them to be used approaches. Bienvenu Brothers are happy to help service your unit year-round, including when things start to heat up. For most regions of the United States, this is between March and May. Your air conditioning unit is comprised of four main components: the evaporator, the condenser, the expansion valve, and the compressor. Each of these components is essential to a properly functioning cooling unit.
The electrical controls that control the compressor or fan commonly wear out. Outdoor units are subject to corrosion and may require replacement wires. A trained professional should inspect these components annually.
The most common problem homeowners encounter with air conditioning units involve clogged or blocked vents. Clean your air filters every three months (more often if you have pets or live in a high-pollen area). Regularly check your intake vents for dust and debris, and make sure nothing is blocking the vents. If you have intake vents low to the ground or on the floor, make sure they are uncovered. A blocked intake vent could spell disaster for your air conditioner unit.
Are AC repairs covered by a warranty?
Most modern air conditioning units are sold with up to 10 years of warranty protection. While each purchase and manufacturer are different, most units come with at least some form of repair coverage – either in parts, labor, or both – for a specified duration. Check your manufacturer’s warranty for details.
It’s also possible that you picked up an extended warranty when you purchased your unit. If so, the extended warranty may offer complete or partial coverage. Extended warranties can be sold by the air conditioner manufacturer or the business from which you bought your unit. Be sure to hold onto any paperwork that comes with your unit and familiarize yourself with the details.
Still another option is the home warranty. If you have a home warranty, your air conditioning unit is likely covered. Home warranty coverage may include the cost of an initial assessment, parts, and/or labor, but often requires you to pay a copay for the service call.
If you don’t have a current warranty on your air conditioning unit or your warranty has expired, consider purchasing a protection plan for the peace of mind that you’ll always be covered.