The weather is really heating up and it’s time to start thinking about how to save money on air conditioning in New Orleans before you get an ugly bill in the mail! Some of these tips can save you a lot; some of these tips can save you a little, and they’ll all add up to more money in your wallet to spend on summer fun!
10 Ways to Save on Home Cooling Costs in New Orleans
- Get air conditioning maintenance. Our AC technicians can’t emphasize this one enough. Getting an AC tune-up in New Orleans will ensure that your AC system is working as efficiently as it can. Air filters can be changed and problems that lead to inefficiency can be repaired.
- Take advantage of a programmable thermostat. These can save you on AC costs in the summer and heating costs in the winter. Program your thermostat to maintain a cooler temperature at times when you’ll be home during the summer and let your AC unit work less hard when you’re at work or away for the weekend.
- Keep the hot sunshine out during the days by closing blinds, shades, or curtains.
- Turn on ceiling fans to supplement your air conditioner. This way you can set your AC thermostat a few degrees higher.
- Cook using your microwave, crock pot, or outdoor grill to avoid the excess heat created by your oven.
- Reduce the humidity level in your home with a dehumidifier so that it doesn’t feel hotter than it actually is.
- Switch off lights and heat-generating appliances, like computers, when they’re not in use.
- Consider planting some trees or shrubs around your home to limit your home’s exposure to the sun.
- Make sure that your AC vents are not obstructed by curtains, furniture, or other items.
- Consider upgrading your old, inefficient unit to a high efficiency cooling system.
These tips should help, but if you find that your AC system just isn’t operating efficiently, give Bienvenu Brothers a call for AC service in New Orleans.Whether you need a simple air conditioning tune-up or your best bet is to replace an old, outdated AC unit, we’re here to help you with friendly advice and fast, courteous service!