Are you living in a plumbing fairy tale by believing in popular plumbing myths? If so, your story won’t have a very happy ending, and instead will be filled with plumbing problems. While they might seem harmless, the fact is that subscribing to false beliefs about plumbing maintenance will only cause more harm than good!
If there’s anyone who has seen the damaged caused by common plumbing myths, it’s Bienvenu Brothers. With three generations of experience in performing professional plumbing repairs in New Orleans, we strive to empower our valued customers by helping them separate fact from fiction when it comes to plumbing maintenance!
Here are five of the most common myths about plumbing maintenance debunked by our knowledgeable plumbers!
Fact or fiction…?
- The loud banging noise coming from the water heater means it’s going to explode Fiction! These startling noises mean there’s a buildup caused by hard water inside the tank, which can interfere with the heating element of your water heater and cause it to operate inefficiently. Water heater maintenance from Bienvenu Brothers can resolve this problem!
- Ice cubes sharpen garbage disposal blades Fiction! While they’re great for getting rid of odor-causing debris stuck to the blades of your garbage disposal, ice cubes cannot and will not sharpen them. If you feel that your garbage disposal’s performance is lackluster and it isn’t grinding waste like it used to, there’s no substitute for good old fashioned professional maintenance.
- Flushable wipes are flushable Fiction! Just because the package says “flushable” doesn’t mean these wipes actually are. In reality, so-called “flushable” wipes can cause stubborn clogs in your toilet, not to mention the damage they can do to your septic system if you have one. Always err on the side of caution and toss bathroom waste other than toilet paper in the trash.
- DIY plumbing repairs save time and money Fiction! This is perhaps one of the most popular and damaging plumbing myths out there. Without professional training, on the job experience, and the tools of the trade, DIY plumbing repairs can easily cause more damage, which will only need to be repaired by our plumbers. Save time and money by calling us first!
- Leaky faucets aren’t a big deal Fiction! Did you know that a single leaky faucet can waste up to 10,000 gallons of water each year? That’s a ton of money down the drain, and it’s coming right out of your pocket! And because of the damage they cause, leaks in your plumbing pipes are no better. If you see a water leak or suspect you have one, call us ASAP!
Here’s a plumbing fact everyone can agree on; it’s always best to err on the side of caution when it comes to plumbing problems by calling a professional plumbing service. For plumbing maintenance and repairs in New Orleans, call Bienvenu Brothers!