When you’ve got a clogged drain, a toilet that won’t flush, a broken water heater, or any other plumbing problem, you need a skilled and trustworthy New Orleans plumber who will get to your home quickly. When there’s a plumbing emergency, it can be tempting to call up the very first plumber you can find, but to make sure that you receive the excellent, fair service you deserve, we recommend doing a little research before you settle on a plumbing company. Use the tips below to ensure the plumber you hire will be a good one!
How to Locate a Great Plumber in New Orleans
- Get recommendations from friends, neighbors, and colleagues. You’re not the only one to ever need a plumber. Chances are someone you know has hired a plumber in the last year, so ask around and see if anyone you know can recommend one that they had a good experience with.
- Do some online research. Most experienced plumbing companies will have a website online, as well as reviews. You can also check with the Better Business Bureau to see if the company has had any complaints. Also check for plumbers that are affiliated with nationally recognized trade associations like the Plumbing Heating Cooling Contractors or the Quality Service Contractors.
- Only consider insured and licensed plumbers. Any plumbing contractor who enters your home should have liability insurance, workers’ compensation insurance, and the proper licensing. Go ahead and ask for proof of these.
- Don’t hire a plumber who insists you pay in cash or in full upfront. Many times if a contractor asks you to pay in cash it is because he is cheating on his taxes, and if he is dishonest in this regard, he may be dishonest in other ways too. Only make a partial payment upfront; this way you can make sure you’re satisfied with the work before paying the full amount.
- Get several estimates for more expensive plumbing services. Like with most purchases, prices can vary depending on who you buy from. Remember though, cheaper isn’t always best. The estimates will help you determine how much is a reasonable cost for the plumbing service, but you’ll still want to choose the plumbing company that you are confident will do the job well.
As a family-owned and operated New Orleans plumbing company, we pride ourselves on our experience, knowledge, and ability to deliver high-quality service 100% of the time. If you’re looking for a plumber in the New Orleans or Metairie area, we encourage you to read our reviews and check out our plumbing services and money-saving coupons. Then give Bienvenu Brothers a call with any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!