According to the United States Geological Survey (USGS), the average person can use up to 100 gallons of water per day! If everyone did their part in learning how to use less water, a lot of energy, water and money could be saved. Minimizing the amount of water that needlessly goes down the drain is a big help to environment and saves you money. Every drop counts!
At Bienvenu Brothers, our licensed and professional plumbers can help you implement water conservation habits. We’re dedicated to doing our part to save water by providing eco-friendly plumbing services in New Orleans, such as water efficient plumbing fixture installation. This is just one example of a small change that has a big impact on your household’s water use.
Here are a few other easy ways you can get in the habit of water conservation in New Orleans.
- Put down the sponge Energy Star dishwashers use as little as 3 gallons of water per load compared to the average of 27 gallons of water used when hand washing. Avoid pre-rinsing dishes before placing them in the dishwasher and always run it on a full load.
- Go to a carwash Letting the professionals wash your car is much better for the environment. Not only does it help to prevent water contamination but it can also save as much as 100 gallons of water.
- Test for toilet leaks A single leaking toilet can waste as much as 6,000 gallons of water wasted each month. Yikes! You can find a leak by putting food coloring or a dye tablet in the tank. If the water in bowl changes, you have a leak and should call us right away.
- Eat your veggies The dairy and meat industries use a lot of water in their processes. A single pound of beef requires 4,000 gallons of water to produce. Swapping just four ounces of beef for a vegetarian meal once a week can save up to 3,000 gallons of water and improve your health.
- Use a hose to water your lawn On average, a single family home can use as much as 25,000 gallons of water on their lawn each year. That’s more than twice the amount used inside! Watering with a hose allows you to have better control of the amount of water used and is at least twice as efficient as an automatic sprinkler.
- Refill your own water bottle It takes seven liters of plastic to make a one liter plastic bottle of water! You can save up to 577 gallons of water each year by refilling a reusable water bottle with tap water.
The biggest and easiest way to save water and money on plumbing repairs in the Big Easy is to rely on our eco-friendly plumbing services in New Orleans. Call Bienvenu Brothers today to learn how to use less water in New Orleans!